Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Ultimate Rejection

It's that event that everyone fears. When you admire the huge number of friends you've collected on your facebook account over the past months, or years, only to realize that it has decreased by one. Isn't being deleted from someone's facebook friend list the worst thing that can happen to you? One starts to ask questions like: what did I do to him/her? what's his/her problem? what went wrong? All those nights spend wondering what happened, what changed...the sleepless nights, the hurt, the pain! What a horrible stigma in one's record!

But seriously, who really gives a shit? I can't believe people actually join groups like: "deletees unite!" or "join if you've been deleted from a friends list" Is it really necessary to add insult to injury by advertising your rejection to everyone on facebook? Suck it up, and get over it.

I also found it laughable that people's treatment towards the deleters (in the cases in which they knew each other) actually changed for the worst. The deletees are so bitter about the whole thing that they snap at the deleter or mock them and insult them behind their backs. What's with that?!

The last time I was deleted I got upset that it had happened, but I didn't care (then deleted someone from my own list to feel better, haha!) But really, some people take it a little too far. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: